Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i love...
  1. loud whispering from the kids' rooms. an hour after they've gone to bed.
  2. climbing into a bed with clean, warm bed sheets and freshly shaved legs.
  3. the warm body of an achy baby sprawled across my lap.
  4. the impending glee of loose teeth.
  5. memories from mexico. quiet beaches and warm sand. no where to go. nothing to do. wasting the days laying by the pool and drinking ice cold diet soda.

9 comments:

Heather said...

i love that my kids are finally asleep! :) call me lets get together.

Jenny said...

I love when the house is all clean, even though it only lasts for a few minutes. I love snuggling up to my hubby on the cold winter nights we have been having.

Michelle said...

i love holiday reese's peanut butter cups, they are the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio. and, you have me to thank for each holiday now having one because i sent about 50 emails to hershey's to express my love for the heart (the original holdiay reese's). love them.

ellie said...

I love warmer days.

slopsemafamily said...

I love my baby's breath.

betsey said...

I love eating an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in less than 24 hours. All by myself. I'm nine months pregnant. I'm allowed! The baby needs it!

grandma connie said...

So much to love so little space to express..here goes
I love my lovely DAUGHTERS! Meg, Bon and Weed!!
I love my wonderful grandchildren: Coop, Ains, Becks, Grady, Em, Bub, Thatcher and Finn!!
I love my handsome sons-in-law: Jason, Matty and Morgan!
Books, and more books but especially "The Teacher from the Black Lagoon" A must read!
H.W. Longfellows poem "The Children's Hour" Beautiful read.
James 1:5-6 & 3 John 1-4
Sweet Laurel & Red Current candle, delicious as it burns.
Priss & Ains in their tutus dancing to the music of their hearts! Let's all dance!
Pictures drawn and hanging on the refrig by striving young artist!
Playing Connect4 with Sawyer and the way he ALWAYS wins!oh yeah!
Getting letters in the mail from Ainsley signed with hearts! smile
A snow covered mountain postcard from Cooper telling me he misses me! Miss you too! Can't wait to kiss your face off!!
Watching Finn dance and play with Penny& Penny's piggy on Skype! so much fun!
Listening to Grady's belly giggle on the phone! Brightened my day.
Having Beckett ask if we can go to the bakery and mow the yard when he comes over! yummy and yes!
Getting to snuggle and kiss baby Thatcher. Again and again and again
The sound of the wind in the trees, pooh's blustery day come to life
Crunchy snow
Feeding the birds with the grandkids and hearing them giggle because their hands are getting frozen!
Matt's bake spaghetti
Jason's enchiladas
Morgan's Mexican Chicken
Blue eyed chubby cheeked grandkids
Hazel eyed chubby cheeked grandkids
Brown/green/? chubby cheeked grandkid
Aunt Lana
Unconditional Love! Wait there's more to come next time.

Lucy Wall said...

I love that the first thing add does with a bowl of cereal is drink the milk out of the bowl.

Anonymous said...

butterscotch candies. they remind me of grandma myers every time i eat one. and the candy dish that she used to keep them in on the coffee table.