Tuesday, February 2, 2010

i love...

so technically, it's the 2nd. but it's really the night of the 1st. so i'm going to go ahead and launch my great idea. every time you visit my blog during the month of february, i want you to leave a note. nothing about me or mine. just a note about what you love. someone. something. somewhere. somesmell. someanything that you love. and each day i am going to post five things that i love. i'll start.
  1. the sound of the two mouth-breathers in the bedroom on the far left.
  2. watching storms roll across the sky. the sound of thunder in the distance. the smell of the wet dirt. after the rains have passed.
  3. a freshly waxed upper lip. yeah, i said it. you thought it.
  4. matty in a hoodie.
  5. a gigantic, painful, dark blue bruise. remember how awesome your knees and hips and elbows looked after the first week of pre-season practice? it doesn't look quite as cool on white, 3o year old legs. but it's cool enough.

11 comments:

donna mercer said...

I love being a grandma

slopsemafamily said...

I love sitting around the table at Mom's until all hours of the night with 3 of my most favorite women. And can't wait until there are three generations sitting there.

Jenny said...

What a fun idea. Not only is it a fun way to learn more about other people, but it reminds us of all we have to be grateful for.

I LOVE the laughter of my girls. I also LOVE how happy they are to see daddy when he gets home from work!

Heather said...

i love the look of my eyes just waxed! :)

valeri said...

i love happy babies in the morning
british authors and accents
the muppets
oreos and milk in a mug

Amy J said...

i love your posts. i know that's about you and yours. but i do. i get happy when i see a new wall manor.

Lucy Wall said...

I love reading a good book on a rainy day. I love the way add says mommy in the middle of a deep giggle. I love the way gavin nags till he get what he wants. I love this idea!

Britney said...

i love thirty-something men that still act like 16 year-old boys.

Becca said...

The first thing that came to mind was Cafe Rio. I attempted a copycat recipe yesterday and while it definitely wasn't the same, it took me back to all the goodness. The next thing that came to mind was cookie dough--really wish I had some right now. And can you tell what my priorities are?!?!

ellie said...

I love........McD's carmel sundaes, but now I have a great carmel recipe, so.....I love Dairy Q. hot fudge sundaes - I love hearing grandkids giggle and the hugs they give so easily. I love when everyone is together.....

Michelle said...

i love to laugh and i really love it when someone else gets things that i think are funny, like really funny.