mw passed ortho boards!
this may not excite many of you. but for us, it is the culmination of six long years of graduate school. it is impossible for anyone who hasn't been in this situation to understand the late nights and long weekends and weekends on call and hours at the library and in the lab and the financial stress of taking care of four children on a very limited budget and being left by friends who are moving on and missing family we don't see often enough. not to mention jumping mw's car before and after school, every day. there are lots of things that i have done on my own, with the kids, while mw has seen patients and studied for tests and put in the time necessary to be what he has become. but he has always been here for me. when i have really needed him, this thing, school, has taken a backseat. the kids and i have come first when we have really needed him. sure, i have been disappointed about things that he has missed. but not nearly as disappointed as he has been when he has missed them. and i know that there are people out there who think that the world would be an okay place with fewer orthodontists. and it's probably true. but it's also true of most professions. i also know that mw has put everything that he has into this. everything that comes after this, is well deserved. he has put in six years and hundreds of thousands of dollars (literally). he has come home exhausted and disappointed and angry and overwhelmed and excited and relieved. he has left early and come home late. he has left children crying at the door and come home to find those same children waiting at the door with arms wide open. we have a wonderful life. mw and i are lucky. we still make each other laugh on a daily basis. we still enjoy the few quiet moments that we have together. we would still rather be with each other than anyone else. i still love the way he stares at me from across the room. i love that he drives me nuts, on purpose. only he and i can know the sacrifices that we have made to make this work. and in the end, that's all that matters.
congratulations, mw!
it has been one heck of a ride.
7 comments:
That's awesome! Huge accomplishment. You guys deserve a much needed vacation to some place really hot, dry and deserty like Arizona. Seriously though that is awesome that you are done with boards. Now it's time to finally start making some money. Good luck with getting started into practice.
YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! We are so excited for you. As I read this I thought back to those days. It has only been two years, but I remember the feeling like it was yesterday, and I can not believe it has been two years. And you didn't think you would make it! Congrats to Matt, but my bigger congrats goes to you. He couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you. Just remember it gets only a little bit better, little by little. Real life is hard too, but life is always good with each other. YEAH for the Walls. We will have to meet up somewhere on the West coast now. We need friends to go to ortho conventions with since all of our dentist friends go together. I think there is Boston in the fall....
CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!!! it amazes me (well us) that you do it with four...you deserve everything...espically new cars and e i think its time for some louie!!! (ok that may be a stretch) but, ummmm you could totally do it!!!!!
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys to start life in the "real world". I love how you guys love each other.
I found your blog when I was on the Roberts blog. I am stalking you. :)
Congratulations to both of you on the Graduation!!! That is so exciting. I can remember how excited I was to be done. It is just bitter sweet. We still miss Indiana and all of the friends that we made out there.
Your kids are getting so big and they are all so cute!! It is fun to see all the pictures of them. We always loved seeing Cooper at the door.
Good luck with things the next couple of months. It can be a little hectic...but GREAT!
way to go! congrats on achieving another one of your goals!
good job, donald.
Post a Comment