Friday, July 4, 2008

baby boy wall #3


my mom was good enough to come and stay with the kids while matt and i went to the ultrasound. the tech said everything looks great. and it's a BOY! we were able to get a few profile shots and he definitely has the wall-myers nose we have come to know and love. and, and, when we saw him from the front his ears were very noticeable. he has cooper's ears. soft, squishy, and a little sticky outy. literally within a minute or two of starting the ultrasound, she asked us if we wanted to know what the baby was. and matt said, "i think i already know. is that what i think it is?" and she said, "yep. you've done this before."

when we told coop he high-fived everyone and ran around yelling, "it's another brother! it's another boy! i have another brother!" ains crossed her arms and ran upstairs. i found her looking very sad on the landing. she told me she didn't like boys and that she really didn't need another brother. so we talked about all the things that she and i will do without the boys, whom we established are very smelly. we will get our nails done and shop and buy princess dresses and get our hair done and visit aunt v without the boys. and she was okay. she talks about the baby a lot and has a million questions, all very well thought out. she informed me today that we need a new stroller because we cannot put the baby in a stroller that someone else used.

so there it is. for all of you who i have not seen recently, it's a boy! beckett has a sinus and ear infection, coop is on his way to the same fate, matt has three days of school and then one whole week off, i feel great and look . . . not so hot. but such is life. the important stuff is good, so i'm good.

5 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

yay for boys!

Painy will get over it when she realizes how awesome it is to be the only daughter!!

betsey said...

Clearly I don't read your blog close enough...hmmmm I didn't even know you were pregnant! Baby #4 is a boy!!! Congratulations Erica and Matt! We are so excited for you! I'm in Indy next week, shoot me an email if you can get together betsey.hawkins at gmail.com

Moddybee said...

Congrats girl!! Im a little inspired to take the leap and have a 4th. Im pretty sane right so why not. Another boy how fun!!! I hope all is well with you guys. My sis and I want to makea trip out to indy and hit Chicago. Meg and Julie seem down with it. We will call you. If and when it happens.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hi. I'm Shad's sister...I'm also a blog stalker...
I just had to comment on your unborn boy giving the bird...too funny! Priceless!

emmy said...

Wow!! Congrats Wall family! I think we need to talk soon. Take care!