Wednesday, May 7, 2008

i am a good mom! i am a good mom!

becksaroo with a broken foot. man, he's cute.

medical updates:
ainsley is doing well. she is in fine spirits. her and coop were playing tackle tag when i came downstairs this afternoon, so i am going to assume that she is feeling pretty good. the scar looks great and thanks to mom's hookup with the plastic surgeon we did not have to pay $65 for 2 ounces of scar cream. instead i am squeezing minute amounts of cream from sample packets.
beckett. where do i begin? i seriously do not know because i do not know how he got hurt. i have two educated guesses: 1) he fell off of a curb at the mini and we didn't notice because we carried him 98% of the time; 2) he fell when we got home. try to stay with me. these are complicated theories.
matt joined some friends of ours who will remain nameless (their last name is the name of a country in europe) in tagging me as a paranoid freak. call me whatever you want. i know my kids and something was up with becks. the kid never stops. so to crawl around dragging a gimp leg behind him seemed out of character. and with good reason. he broke his foot at the base of his toes and apparently this is pretty common in kids. in fact, it is referred to as the "toddler break." so he has a blue short cast that he has to wear for two weeks. the ortho doctor (the real one, not the one who straightes teeth) told us that he would probably be down for two to three days before he figured out how to balance his weight. the kid ran up the hill to our house when we got home. if anything he is taking it as a challenge. he is going to kick this cast's a$$. speaking of a$$es, a funny thing happened during quiet time yesterday. we have been focusing on getting coop to write his letters within the lines provided on preschool paper. easier said than done. so ainsley has been learning how to write her letters too. she's just not super interested at this point. so i wrote the letter "A" on my paper and told her to copy it. i walked over to the counter to get coop a pencil and heard her exclaim, "coop, i have written a word that starts with "A"!" i walked over to her chair and found this on her paper:

i think my favorite part of this masterpiece is that underneath the naughty word is a picture of a hole. or a circle. it's whatever you want it to be and i want it to be a hole.

did i mention that matty ran the mini for the 5th consecutive year? he did. yeah matty!

3 comments:

slopsemafamily said...

Way to go Matty! Becks way to go on figuring out the cast so quickly! I loved hearing that Ainsley wanted to wear her new bike helmet in the house. Good idea if her and Coop are playing tackle tag in the house! Love you all!

Amy J said...

I don't know if I just laughed harder at Ainsleys Ass O or Matt Man's shirt. I miss you guys so much. I hope that my little guy will be as tough as Becks. I have 1 wimp, I don't need 2. :)

Anonymous said...

I tell you what, you have always got a story!! I'm glad to hear that Ainsley is is doing better. I will now transfer my prayers over to Becks!